- CivicJobs.ca represents a Canada-wide network of local government professional organizations, all of whom operate job boards specific to a certain region or profession. Those organizations are categorized as "Affiliates" or "Associates", depending on how they operate.
- When you post a job on CivicJobs.ca, they work hard to get your listing out to people who may have never considered a career in local government. Most other municipal job boards are aimed at a people who are already working in local government sector. While it’s important to look for internal candidates, and experienced people from other jurisdictions, CivicJobs.ca recognize that local governments need new people as well.
- Other reasons why local governments are choosing to list on CivicJobs.ca:
- They have more postings than any other local government job board in Canada.
- As of May 2010, CivicJobs.ca was experiencing approximately 220,000 page views per month.
- Thousands of job seekers are using our website, and numbers are climbing rapidly.
And because their site lists only local government and related jobs, you know that you’re reaching a highly focused audience: people who are genuinely interested in pursuing a local government career.
Finally, it’s worth noting that CivicJobs.ca’s affiliates and associates are all not-for-profit professional organizations. CivicJobs.ca is not a private company. Proceeds from the sale of job postings are used for three purposes:
- To advertise the CivicJobs.ca website to various public audiences.
- To pay overhead costs associated with running the CivicJobs.ca website.
- To support programs and services run by local government professional associations, all of whom are ultimately working to help make Canadian communities better places to live, work, and play.