If you are a municipal elected official or senior administrator and want to shape the direction of AUMA’s policy and advocacy work, you will want to apply to participate on one of the following AUMA committees:
- Audit and Finance Committee is responsible for ensuring the overall integrity of financial systems and practices for AUMA and its associated entities
- Infrastructure and Energy Committee looks at matters pertaining to municipal infrastructure and its financing; tangible capital assets, transportation including roads and bridges, rights of way, disaster planning, and energy policies.
- Investment Advisory Committee is responsible for using appropriate methodologies and processes to ensure that the internal investment funds and those held in Trust or by Agreement are well managed and operate in compliance.
- Municipal Governance Committee reviews roles and responsibilities of municipalities including related legislation and regulations, assessment and taxation, inter-municipal relations (dissolution, amalgamation and partnerships), provincial/municipal revenue sharing and cost sharing; municipal viability, citizen participation, and aboriginal relations.
- Safe and Healthy Communities Committee considers issues relating to emergency medical response and health, policing, culture and recreation, social issues, welcoming communities, and seniors’ supports.
- Small Communities Committee provides input on a range of economic, social, environmental, and governance matters pertaining to small communities.
- Sustainability and Environment Committee reviews matters pertaining to water, climate change, clean air, brownfields, solid waste management, land use planning, cumulative effects, and municipal sustainability planning.
Participating on a committee provides an opportunity to influence the direction of policy and programs while ensuring your municipality’s interests are addressed. In addition, you will gain greater awareness of AUMA/AMSC initiatives and can increase your network and leadership skills.
Committee appointments for 2018 have been completed.
Applicants, including current committee members, will need to complete the Committee Interest Application below for consideration on participating on a committee in 2019. Additional details will be provided in the fall of 2018.