The pension plan that gives you control.
The Alberta Communities Pension Plan (ACPP) is a defined contribution plan that has been designed for employees that do not participate in a public service pension plan. Available to all municipal employees, elected officials and not-for-profit organizations, the ACPP allows employers to set contribution rates and participation is voluntary.
Facts about ACPP:
- ACPP is a defined contribution plan which provides employers with cost certainty.
- Contributions are shared between employers and employees.
- Contributions are made through payroll deduction and are tax-deductible.
- Employers receive ongoing support, expertise and accessibility to AMSC Retirement Services staff.
- ACPP is a registered pension plan governed by the Employment Pension Plans Act of Alberta and the Canada Revenue Agency
To learn more, download our ACPP at a glance.
This brief video provides ACPP contributors a broad overview of how the ACPP defined contribution pension plan works.