AUMA and AAMDC, with support from Infrastructure and Asset Management Alberta (IAMA), are excited to bring you one-day introductory asset management workshops for elected officials and senior administration!
These workshops are the first of three rounds of workshops in Alberta, that are made available through funding received from the Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) Municipal Asset Management Program (MAMP). In partnership with the AAMDC and AUMA, workshops will be offered free of charge.
On the day of the workshop, registration and breakfast will begin at 7:30 am. Lunch provided. Please bring writing utensils with you.
You will be introduced to asset management through two modules with the following goals:
- Define Asset Management
- Articulate the Benefits of Asset Management
- Recognize Trade-offs in Decision-Making
- Describe the Asset Management Process
- Identify the Role of the Elected Officials and Other Stakeholders
- Use an Asset Management Mindset
- Articulate the Role of an Elected Official in Providing Leadership on Asset Management
- Effectively Use Data and Information
- Understand and Follow the Asset Management Process