It is recommended that your organization has a policy in place to ensure all reported claims are dealt with, and should at least include:
- A procedure for reporting complaints.
- a description of how complaints will be dealt with:
- corrective actions to be taken for specific problems (can refer to other policies)
- how complaints will be prioritized, taking into consideration other routine maintenance and inspections.
- never ignore a complaint.
- A procedure for documenting complaints and corrective measures (including the reason for not taking action, if that is the case).
- How your organization will take action to correct or take all other reasonable steps to prevent a loss as a result of the reported problem.
Reporting your claim
- If a reported incident will likely result in a claim, report your claim as soon as possible.
- If you receive a Statement of Claim from an injured party, submit it immediately, there is a very limited period of time in which to respond to the statement of claim.
- If applicable, we will provide a proof of loss form that is to be completed.
- Maintain documentation of all monetary costs related to the claim (repair work, hospital bills, lost income, etc.