Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for accounts payable functions.
- Responsible for accounts receivable: processing invoices to vendors and the collection of payment for invoices
- Responsible for accounting for Committee and Boards: accounts payable, accounts receivable, and bank reconciliations.
- Responsible for bank reconciliations: daily cash balancing, cash journal entries, and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Process standard monthly journals and adjusting entries as required.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to streamline work processes
- Work cooperatively towards an efficient and effective work environment.
- Perform other accounting related duties as assigned by the Finance Officer or the Chief Financial Officer.
- Completion of grade 12 education supplemented by basic accounting courses.
- Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable experience is required.
- Ability to work on several concurrent tasks with deadline pressures.
- Demonstrated computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and exercising sound judgment.
- Experience with financial accounting system (Muniware) would be considered an asset.
- Experience with small business financial accounting systems would also be considered an asset.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in dealing with private and sensitive customer information.
The incumbent will be required to work 5 days per week.
The Town of Crossfield offers an excellent benefits plan and competitive wage.
Interested parties are invited to submit resumes outlining their qualifications to:
Lori Heikkila, Finance Officer
Box 500, Crossfield, Alberta T0M 0S0
Phone: 1-403-946-5565 EXT 225
PLEASE NOTE ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.