Reporting to the Manager Operational Services, this position provides a variety of administrative, clerical and secretarial support to the Infrastructure Maintenance department. Schedules appointments and makes meeting and travel arrangements; deals with public inquiries and concerns as appropriate; provides the public with advice information and guidance relevant to the department’s focus; processes incoming and outgoing mail; transcribes or types material from written or verbal sources; may prepare and distribute meeting agendas; maintains and updates records, projects and files.
- Types and maintains, in accordance with priorities, correspondence, reports, agendas, minutes and material fort he Manager of Operational Services;
- Ensures the Manager of Operational Services is provided with information related to ongoing infrastructure maintenance projects. Ensures appropriate records and prepared and retained;
- Arranges and organizes seminars and meetings, books facilities, travel arrangements for designated personnel as required;
- Organizes and maintains filing systems relative to the functional areas, in conjunction with the County’s Records Management Coordinator; including all paper, digital files and maps;
- Prepares road crossing and approach agreements; ensures that payments are received;
- Assists the Manager of Operational Services with issuing and recording gravel permits and road bans;
- Ensures daily time sheets are recorded and entered accurately within payroll system;
- Receives public complaints and concerns specific to functional areas; routes complaints and forwards concerns to the appropriate department or staff member.
- Completion of Grade 12 or GED equivalent and post-secondary training in Office Administration;
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience, preferably in a municipal setting, in the capacity of an administrative support;
- Demonstrated organizational ability and composure to work within specific timeframes, in a fast-paced climate;
- Ability to communicate effectively using courtesy, tact and discretion in dealing with requests, complaints and clarification of information;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written, communication skills. With the ability to work with the public and staff at all levels with the County with minimal supervision in a multiple task environment;
- High degree of competency in using computers in the technical areas of word processing, spreadsheets,databases and presentation software.
Submissions will be received until Noon Friday September 24, 2021. All applications are to be marked “confidential” and will be received in confidence.
Submit resumes, Attention Human Resources, in one of the following ways:
- Email to email@example.com
- Fax to (403)335-9207
- Mail to Mountain View County. PO Bag 100, Didsbury, AB T0M 0W0
We appreciate the interest of all candidates; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.