As Alberta’s newest City, we're growing fast and looking for future leaders and problem-solvers that are ready to grow with us. The City of Beaumont is seeking an Asset Management Technician to provide a lead role in the development and maintenance of the City’s asset management program. Reporting to the General Manager, Corporate Services this position is responsible for the collection and maintenance of asset life cycle cost analysis, the replacement/rehabilitation of City assets, and the planning, designing, and implementation of asset management activities throughout the City.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Maintains and updates asset registers, databases and computerized models related to the City’s asset classes
- Provides training and technical support to City departments
- Makes recommendations for risk management options and operational changes to municipal infrastructure
- Compiles and analyzes large amounts of data for reporting, validation and resolving errors
- Creates visually aesthetic maps
- Liaises with other municipalities, professional organizations and associations to deliver asset management best practices to the organization
- Maintains professional relationships with external vendors and various levels of organizational staff to achieve project goals
- Researches and keeps current with industry best practices and innovation
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Commerce, Economics, Engineering, Public Administration, Geographic Information Systems or other related discipline
- Four (4) years of progressively responsible experience related to municipal asset management
- Working knowledge of Cityworks; ESRI Suite of products; GIS tools; Asset Planner and Automated Vehicle Location (AVL) software; and, Microsoft Office products, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge and understanding of Canadian and international asset management standards and best practices with a focus on the municipal sector
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Clear Criminal Record Check deemed satisfactory by the City
This full-time, permanent position offers a minimum starting salary of $58,040, a 35-hour work week, and a competitive benefits package. If you think you are the one we are searching for, please submit your cover letter and resume, indicating the Job ID number (2019-25) in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.