Reporting to the Manager of Infrastructure Services, the Assistant Manager of Infrastructure is responsible for a variety of operational duties related to Yellowhead County road and bridge systems, erosion and drainage projects and approach approvals. The position is responsible to provide assistance to the Manager of Infrastructure in the delivery of all related services for Yellowhead County Infrastructure.
- Prepare contracts, coordinate and supervise a variety of maintenance contracts associated with crack sealing, line painting, brushing and mowing programs, and regravelling and bridge maintenance programs.
- Coordinate required pre-construction, progress and post construction site meetings.
- Monitor project expenditures within the approved budget.
- Check and approve invoices and progress claims within approved projects.
- Provide budget submissions and report to the Manager of Infrastructure for the areas of responsibility.
- Prepare limited reports and grants applications for submission to various departments of the Provincial Government.
- Responsible to ensure all work is carried out in a safe manner as required by Council policy or legislation and stop work if not in compliance with Council’s safety policy or Legislation. Report work infractions to the Director of Infrastructure Services.
- Assist with the development of long term planning for re-graveling, gravel crushing and maintain/update records of each program.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of suitable databases to support the work of the department, including historical and future information and the ability to present the information graphically and textually.
- Conduct traffic counts and maintain traffic records.
- Assist in maintaining County mapping of infrastructure.
- Document, investigate and prepare reports and respond to complaints received from the public for the areas of responsibility (road allowances and approaches).
- Assist in other related duties as assigned by the Manager of Infrastructure Services or Department Director.
- Completion of Grade 12 diploma
- Completion of Civil Engineering Technology Diploma
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proficient use of Autocad
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task
- Valid Class 5 drivers license
- Defensive Driving
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Safety conscious and promotes safe working environment
- Two (2) years experience in road construction and maintenance
- Eligibility for CET designation
- WHMIS training
- First aid
- Class B Bridge Inspector
- Two (2) years in Class B Bridge Inspection
- Two (2) Years in a municipal setting
- Three (3) years in road construction and maintenance
- Various negotiations
- Work is conducted both in an office and outdoors.
- Substantial travel is involved.
- Exposure to all weather conditions and traffic conditions.
- Standard hours are worked, although overtime may be required to meet workload.
- Position has to cope with multiple demands.
- Requires ability to work under stress.
The salary range is $72,440.00 to $91,709.00 per year. Yellowhead County offers a competitive benefits package.