Permanent, Full-time – 35 hours/week
$80,262.00 – $100,300.20 / annum
At the City of Leduc, we believe in living our values through accountability, leadership and environmental sustainability. We offer a thriving and supportive workplace setting that promotes transparency, innovation and community building. If we’ve caught your attention, you should know that we’re currently recruiting for a full-time Budget Analyst to complement the City’s Finance team.
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Planning & Budgets, you will
- act as a resource and technical specialist in the administration of the City’s operating and capital budget systems.
- compile, evaluate and interpret complex financial data and provide support to business areas within the organization.
- provide assistance in business planning, performance measurements and forecasting.
The successful candidate will possess:
- an undergraduate degree with a concentration in accounting, finance or public administration
- a minimum of 5 years work experience in a computerized accounting environment acting as a technical expert in budget preparation and budget systems, preferably in a municipal environment.
- It is considered an asset for the incumbent to be working towards a professional accounting designation, and to have experience in the preparation of financial statements, working papers and supporting document.
- It is considered beneficial to have experience with Microsoft Great Plains Dynamics or other automated accounting systems.
An equivalent combination of education and experience would be considered. As the successful candidate, you will also be willing to provide a Criminal Record Check as part of the hiring process.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! To apply, please visit our website at:
Competition closes at 12:00 noon (MT) on March 22, 2018. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. This competition may be used to full future vacancies at the same or lower classification level.