THE OKANAGAN LIFESTYLE IS CALLING
Grow your career in one of the best places on earth. Forget the long commute. Kayak or walk on the waterfront at sunrise, put in an honest day’s work, and still have plenty of time for a bike ride or round of golf before sunset. Fill your weekends with wine tours, hiking, mountain biking, downhill or cross country skiing, or boating. Or enjoy one of the many campgrounds within less than an hour’s drive from home. In fact, we know a few people who commute from the campground, put in a full shift, and are back at the RV barbecuing burgers by the beach at half past five!
That’s why so many people want to work here. But you’re the one who has put in all the time and effort. You have all the credentials, skills and experience, and have paid the dues that make this opportunity yours. Answer the call. Live, work and play in a place where home and holiday meet!
WHAT MORE DO WE OFFER?
Competitive salary combined with excellent pension and health and dental benefits
On the job development and training opportunities
Four weeks’ vacation after two years
Career advancement potential
Free staff parking
JOIN OUR TEAM AS BUILDING INSPECTOR III
WHO IS THE IDEAL CANDIDATE?
- An experienced inspector with at least five years in the role.
- A professional who qualifies as a Level III Inspector with the Building Officials Association of BC, Level I with the Plumbing Officials
- Association of BC and has registered Building Official Certification under the Building Officials’ Act.
- A person who knows the BC Building Code and provincial acts, standards and regulations.
- An effective problem solver with a solution-oriented mentality
- A multi-tasker who can manage complex projects and identify and overcome obstacles.
- A strong relationship builder who can connect with businesses, customers, development representatives and external clients.
- A positive influencer who starts every shift ready to review plans, issue permits and conduct inspections.
- A person who can keep the Building Inspections schedule on track to ensure efficient, reliable service to our customers.
- A worker who’s conscientious of safe operating procedures and occupational health and safety guidelines.
- An employee who’s software savvy with Excel, Outlook and Word.
- A proven communicator and collaborator who makes sound recommendations consistent with legislative requirements.
- A mentor and team builder.
For a full description, please visit www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. Then email us your resume, and include a brief cover letter introducing yourself to us. Please quote the competition number and send in your application package by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re the right person, you’ll definitely hear from us. If not, please keep working at your career; we’re growing so fast, we might very well meet in the future.
COMPETITION 18-25E | OPENS FEB. 22, 2018 | PAY $39.88/HR @ 40HR/WK, M-F