The City of Medicine Hat Planning & Development Services has an exciting opportunity for a Building Safety Codes Officer to join their highly professional and dynamic team! This position within the Residential division of Safety Codes Services is responsible for the review of plans and the inspection of building/developments to ensure compliance with the Safety Codes Act and the Alberta Building Code, as well prepares written reports on plan reviews, inspections, investigations, statistical compilations and related matters.
Our ideal candidate has thorough knowledge of the Alberta Building Code, related Legislation, an ability to make technical judgments to correct infractions of the Alberta Building Code, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to express regulations clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Successful completion of Grade 12 or GED;
- Successful completion of the Building Discipline “Residential/Part 9” Safety Codes Officer certification as set by Safety Codes Council;
- Two (2) years of related work experience;
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record;
- An equivalent combination of management approved training and experience may be considered.
Our organization offers a highly attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefits, learning & development opportunities as well as a great work environment which provides excellent opportunities for professional growth.
For more information, and to apply, please visit us at: www.medicinehat.ca/jobs
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.