Job Number: # J0521-1386
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Rocky View County, Alberta
Number of Positions: 1
Salary: $68,723 - $80,750 / Year
The 40,000 people who call Rocky View County home live in a diverse blend of rural, hamlet, and country residential communities on one million acres to the west, north, and east of Calgary. Our dedicated employees work with a variety of stakeholders to develop innovative and unique solutions for our complex municipality. To continue to enhance the quality of life in our communities, we seek individuals who thrive on challenges, who provide excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment, and whose positive energy enables the County to grow and prosper.
Reporting to the Manager, this senior professional is responsible for leading the strategic procurement of medium to high dollar services, information technology and other assigned portfolio items through contracting where the value, risk and complexity often require multiple bids. They will support the team in the development and implementation of improved procurement policies, procedures and best practices.
This position provides progressive and proactive procurement services to help business areas achieve their objectives, while striking the appropriate balance between serving department’s business needs and compliance with applicable policies, legislation and contract law. The Buyer 3 delivers procurement services that demonstrate fairness, integrity, openness and transparency in all aspects of their work.
- Lead procurement projects including RFQ, ITT & RFP processes, vendor selection and negotiations, contracting as well as ongoing vendor management and compliance.
- Provide input and recommendations to determine best practices and procedures on new assignments.
- Process purchase orders in accordance with established practices.
- Support policy or process developments.
- Manage Corporate Credit Card Program.
- Maintain records and files in accordance with established practices.
- Report on purchasing activities; recurring and ad hoc reports.
- Guide and assist departments regarding purchasing function and best practices.
- Research sources of supply.
- Ensure purchasing activities comply with trade agreements and County policies.
- Promote purchasing best practices.
- Provide input on employee performance, participate in performance reviews and provide ongoing coaching and mentoring in conjunction with Supervisor.
- Provide coverage for more junior colleagues.
- Perform administrative duties related to procurement, purchasing and inventory control.
- Review contracts and agreements as they relate to the purchasing function.
Five years of progressively responsible experience in public/not for profit procurement in an organization of similar size, complexity and diversity. Including RFx development, competitive bidding, negotiating, contract drafting and vendor management.
- SCMP designation through Supply Chain Canada is required.
- A self-starter with a courteous and professional demeanor.
- An analytical and strategic thinker who brings forward innovative ideas and process improvements.
- Well-developed written, verbal, listening and presentation skills.
- Experience in building strong relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Experience with leading and the delivery of procurement outcomes for a client area.
- Experience with Canadian contract law and contract negotiations.
- Ability to respond consistently with a high degree of initiative to resolve issues or complex problems.
- Demonstrated time management, organizational, problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Have a complete understanding of Canadian Free Trade Agreement, Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement, and the New West Trade Partnership Agreement applicable to the MASH Sector.
- Familiarity using an integrated purchasing/financial software package.
- Proficiency with APC Website is an asset.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with MS Office suite and other work-related software.
Interested applicants are invited to apply direct to https://www.rockyview.ca/careers.
Position will remail open until a sutable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.