The Town of Stavely is seeking a dynamic and dedicated Chief Administrative Officer to support the staff, community and Council in their efforts to move Stavely forward in a positive direction. Reporting to Council, the CAO is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Town as outlined in the Municipal Government Act (MGA), Town policies and Bylaws as set by Council.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide positive leadership, direction, mentorship, and coaching to staff.
- Ensure operations and budgets align with annual goals.
- Ensure proper financial recording and reporting consistent with MGA requirements.
- Recommends progressive and responsive policies, procedures, systems, and investments.
- Embrace continuous pursuit of cost and operational efficiencies.
- Works with Council to help set vision and direction.
- Monitor all matters associated with risk, legal, finance, policy, business development, infrastructure, projects, safety, environment, and community.
- Attend Council meetings and other related committee or stakeholder meetings as may be prudent or required.
- Participate and engage in community events and activities.
- Proficient in addressing and managing public relations and conflict resolution.
- Build and develop relationships with community members, industries, governments, organizations, institutions, and other potential stakeholders.
- Maintain current knowledge on relevant legislation e.g. Municipal Government Act, and granting avenues /opportunities.
- Possess a Degree and / or Diploma in Business or Public Administration, or equivalent.
- Progressive senior management experience in local government would be an asset.
- An equivalent combination of relevant management and leadership experience from another sector may be considered.
- Demonstrated management experience with financial and budgeting processes, strategic planning, government and people relations, negotiations, communications, conflict resolution, and capital works and infrastructure.
- Experience in Planning & Development (infrastructure) would be an asset.
- Proven Interpersonal and Communication skills.
- High integrity and respectful of others.
- Takes initiative while duly assessing risk factors.
Remuneration is negotiable and will be commensurate with experience, knowledge and abilities. Salary range will be discussed with qualified candidates as part of the screening process and will depend upon the determined work schedule as there is some flexibility in the number of hours per week required.
The Town supports a work-life balance, offers an excellent compensation package including group health and dental benefits, participation in the Local Authorities Pension Plan and professional development opportunities.
If interested, please provide a cover letter and resume in confidence to: Town of Stavely, P.O. Box 249, Stavely, Alberta, T0L 1Z0 or electronically to: email@example.com
The Town thanks all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those being considered will be contacted.