The Summer Village of Gull Lake is located on the south shore of Gull Lake approximately 15 km west of the City of Lacombe via Hwy 12 within Lacombe County and is home to both permanent and seasonal residents. The Summer Village offers a great lifestyle and has numerous lakeside recreational opportunities year round.
The Summer Village is seeking candidates for the position of Chief Administrative Officer. The ideal candidate will have prior employment in municipal administration or management experience in a related field.
As the CAO for the Summer Village of Gull Lake, you will play a significant role assisting Council to achieve its strategic objectives and direct the overall planning, coordination and control of all municipal operations in accordance with all applicable bylaws, policies and statutory requirements.
- Reports to the Mayor and Council by providing executive leadership and advice in developing and implementing policies and strategies;
- Work collaboratively in achieving Council goals and priorities and having an understanding of legislation and governance trends and the potential impact on service levels;
- To assist Council and the citizens develop and implement clear and concise strategic plans to guide the Summer Village’s overall development and direction;
- Establish and maintain the Summer Village’s financial, statistical, and other information systems;
- Responsible for the overall daily administration of the Summer Village; and,
- To ensure good relations with other levels of government, other municipal governments, residents, stakeholders and service providers.
Interested applicants should possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in Local Government Administration, Business or Public Administration and/or significant and relevant direct experience in senior management along with executive leadership experience;
- A proven record of working with elected officials, local government staff, and community stakeholders;
- Proven experience with budgeting and fiscal management;
- The ability to understand, recognize and advise of the current and trending economic conditions and the local impact.
Please forward your resume in confidence – including qualifications, experiences and references to:
Summer Village of Gull Lake
Box 5, Site 2, RR 1
Lacombe, AB T4L 2N1
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Monday October 4th, 2021 or until suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.