Berwyn is located within the Peace River Region of northwestern Alberta. Situated on Highway # 2, the Village of Berwyn is 37 km. west of the Town of Peace River. Berwyn is a quiet community with a population of 538 (2016 census). It is a picturesque community that attracts young and old. The Village of Berwyn is searching for a Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) to oversee the operations of the municipality.
Reporting directly to Council, the CAO ensures that the programs and services of the municipality are delivered in accordance with Council-approved policy, manages the administration of the municipality, and makes certain all services are delivered in a professional, effective, and efficient manner. The Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) will oversee a small staff in the daily operations.
The successful candidate will provide leadership that will inspire, develop, and maintain a safe and empowering work environment for the staff, while fostering positive relationships with its regional partners and the public. Some onsite training can be provided by the incumbent CAO, who is retiring.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience as a CAO or Senior Manager in a municipal government setting, or in a Senior Management position in a non-governmental organization coupled with post-secondary education in a related discipline, or in the process of completing certification in local government management.
- The capability and energy to provide overall leadership for the development of a strategic vision that can both attract and retain businesses, and residents.
- Proven ability to create and lead a productive and positive work environment with a cohesive team
- The demonstrated ability to communicate and effectively interact with the public, to work collaboratively with Council and staff, and to build partnerships within the Community and surrounding municipalities
- A strong working knowledge of the Municipal Government Act and other relevant legislation.
- Sound knowledge of municipal finances with proven budget planning and development experience.
We offer consistent working hours that afford a positive quality of life, a competitive salary/benefit package and relocation allowance.
Suitable applicants may forward their cover letter, resume, along with three references to:
Greg Gayton, CAO
Village of Berwyn
Berwyn, AB T0H 0E0
Phone: 780 338 3922
Fax: 780 338 2224