Reporting to the Mayor and Council, the successful applicant will hold a key leadership role as the administrative head of the municipality responsible for the overall administration of the Village together with the overall planning, co-ordination and control of all municipal operations in accordance with the objectives, goals and policies approved by Council. The CAO will also function as the Development Officer.
The Village of Beiseker is a progressive community located in a rural setting just 1 hour northeast of the City of Calgary and ½ hour east of the City of Airdrie at the crossroads of Highways 9 and 72. With a population of 819, Beiseker offers a small town atmosphere with close proximity to the city
Preference will be given to applicants who possess:
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline and/or enrolment in or completion of a Certificate in Local Government Administration.
- A demonstrated track record of leadership and senior management experience.
- An ability to work effectively with elected officials, community volunteers, boards and committees and the public participation processes.
- A thorough understanding of the legislative process and knowledge of the Alberta Municipal Government Act.
- Proven experience in strategic planning, organizational development and achieving results in building team relations.
- Experience in implementing development plans, capital works and infrastructure improvement programs.
- Strong computer, budgeting and accounting skills are essential.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered. An excellent benefits package is available as well as the opportunity for professional development.
Interested parties may submit resume to:
Village of Beiseker
P.O Box 349
Beiseker, Alberta T0M 0G0
Fax (403) 947-2146