Clearwater County, is looking for a dynamic Chief Administrative Officer to lead with an inspired newly-elected Council whose goal is to enhance and champion economic development in the County. Experience in land and community development along with the politically savvy and the ability to work in a political environment with many stakeholders. 'Technology enhancement is a key objective.'
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- An ability to lead and motivate a committed team through listening, informing and delegating.
- Able to build a strong work plan with measurables for accountability.
- Sets priorities and is adept at time management.
Understands the importance of a CAO’s presence in the community:
- We are seeking a person who is approachable, inspiring, and demonstrates strong time-management abilities.
- This position will be of particular interest to those who will enjoy the challenge of revitalizing our organization.
Key current and future strategic initiatives for Council and Administration include:
- Regional Collaboration
- Promotions, Business and Investment Attraction
- Transparent and Sound Governance
- Embracing and Exploring Technology Enhancements
- Community Engagement
- Sustainable Decision-Making Principles
- Visionary Leadership
- Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Provide positive leadership, direction, mentorship, and coaching to the administration team:
- Ensure operations and budgets align with strategic plans and annual goals.
- Ensure proper financial recording and reporting consistent with Public Sector Accounting Principles and budget management consistent with MGA requirements.
- Recommends progressive and responsive policies, procedures, systems, and investments.
Embrace innovation concurrent with the continuous pursuit of cost and operational efficiencies:
- Works with Council to address matters of importance to the County and helps set vision and direction.
- Maintain an open and supportive relationship with Council ensuring all parties are kept current on County operations, achievements, and relevant matters.
- Monitors all matters associated with risk, legal, finance, policy, business development, infrastructure, projects, safety, environment, and community.
- Attend Council meetings and other related committee or stakeholder meetings as may be prudent or required.
- Participate and engage in community events and activities.
- Proficient in addressing and managing public relations and conflict resolution.
- Foster, promote and facilitate positive customer services, collaboration, partnerships, accountability, and recognition.
- Build and develop relationships with community members, industries, governments, organizations, institutions, and other potential stakeholders.
- Maintain current knowledge on relevant legislation e.g. Municipal Government Act, and granting avenues / opportunities.
The Ideal Candidate will Champion: 'Technological Enhancements' and 'Economic Development'. To be effective you will live within the Clearwater County a thriving community whose county office is in Rocky Mountain House.
WE WANT THE BEST ... ARE YOU?
This competition will remain open until March 22, 2018, or, until a suitable candidate is selected. Interested candidates may email their letter of interest, resume, starting salary expectations and the names of three business references to firstname.lastname@example.org
[Peter Giuffre, consultant Council has hired with Wendy Ellen Inc. in Calgary].