Conveniently located on Highway 2, the Town of Bowden is home to over 1,240 residents and is located 25 minutes south of Red Deer and 50 minutes north of Calgary. With affordable housing options and amenities of a much larger centre, Bowden has benefitted from Alberta's strong economy. Positioned for economic growth, the Town is prepared for investment and development opportunities, and offers a welcoming environment for developers, businesses, and residents alike. For additional information, please visit our website at www.town.bowden.ab.ca.
Reporting to the Mayor and Council, the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) is responsible for guiding the day-to-day affairs of the Town as outlined in the Municipal Government Act (MGA), Town bylaws, and policies as set by Council. With a total of 12 staff, and a combined budget of $3.2M, you will:
- Deliver solid leadership to the senior management team and Town staff.
- In conjunction with Council, the Central AB Economic Partnership (CAEP), and neighbouring municipalities, actively promote economic development opportunities to existing businesses and prospective businesses interested in the Town and area.
- Provide effective advice and support to the Mayor and Council in developing, implementing, and executing policies and strategies.
- Ensure that Town staff are committed to providing the highest level of service to the general public and the business community through clear and transparent communication.
You will possess:
- A post-secondary education, or a mixture of relevant training and senior leadership experience.
- Prior senior management experience…preferably in a municipal setting.
- An understanding of the legislative process and knowledge of the Municipal Government Act.
- The ability to work effectively with elected officials, community volunteers, businesses, Boards and committees, and the general public.
- A comprehensive understanding of the financial and budgeting process.
- Proven experience in strategic planning, organizational development and achieving results in building team and professional relations.