Lacombe Regional Waste Services Commission (LRWSC) is seeking a seasoned leader to join the LRWSC team as the Commission Manager.
Reporting to the LRWSC Board Chair, the Commission Manager will provide operational and administrative leadership of the 5 solid waste facilities within the Lacombe County boundaries.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and administer the efficient and cost effective operation of the solid waste facilities while ensuring compliance with applicable regulatory bodies;
- Lead the Commission: build and champion customer service standards of excellence in the delivery of all LRWSC programs;
- Liaise with other levels of government, the private sector and the public regarding Commission matters;
- Research alternative/innovative methods of waste disposal and recycling and handling that reflect the shifting customer needs and demands;
- Perform general accounting responsibilities: assist in the preparation of annual reports, the financial statement and the annual audit;
- Maintain certification of landfill operations for a Class IIIC Landfill.
Ideal Qualifications: This position requires an individual with demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills, strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities, excellent communication skills (verbal, written and listening) and the ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple demands. As a strong collaborator, the ideal candidate will be adept at relationship building, especially with the LRWSC Board, customers and the general public. The individual will also have a working knowledge and understanding of the Municipal Government Act and of other provincial and federal legislation relevant to landfill operation. Preferably, the individual has post-secondary education in Environmental Science, Business, or some other related discipline and a minimum of 5 years of relevant direct experience in a management role with proven budgetary experience. Solid waste management experience is an asset.
What does LRWSC have to offer? LRWSC offers an excellent competitive compensation package including a defined benefit pension plan, a comprehensive health and dental benefits package, a health/wellness spending account, and more.
A complete job description can be found online at: www.lrwsc.ca.
Please forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations by February 11, 2019 to:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted. Please note: All applicants must be legally entitled to live and work in Canada. This competition may remain open longer until a suitable candidate is found.