About this role:
Chestermere Municipal Enforcement is a progressive and innovative Peace Officer agency that prides themselves on providing exceptional service, support and safety to our citizens. Are you someone with high integrity who has the mental agility to handle multiple situations with the public in an empathetic way? We want to meet you!
The City of Chestermere is currently seeking a full-time (40.0 hours per week) Level l Community Peace Officer to join our Community and Safety Team.
As a Community Peace Officer with the City of Chestermere this position will report to the Peace Officer Sergeant and provide operational expertise in the enforcement of Provincial/Federal Statutes (limited), Municipal Bylaws and delivering both school and community programming within the City of Chestermere.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Bylaw Enforcement and reporting
- Traffic and Commercial Vehicle enforcement
- Public and Community engagement
- Animal Control
- School/Public education
- Mobile Patrols by vehicle, boat and OHV
- Working closely with other municipal departments and other public safety stakeholders
*For more information, please view the detailed job-description here.
Consideration will be given to candidates who:
- Post-secondary education related to law enforcement from a recognized post-secondary institution or training academy,
and/or experience directly related to law enforcement in Canada
- Eligible for Community Peace Officer 1 Appointment
- Class Five license with minimal demerits supported by a current driver’s abstract upon hire
- Standard First Aid and CPR/AED certification
- Successful criminal background check including RCMP security screening
- As a condition of employment, a certificate of an approved fitness test (PARE, COPAT, POPAT, A-PREP)
- Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on a rotating shift schedule that includes days, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays
Working for the City of Chestermere:
As Alberta’s fastest growing municipality, the City of Chestermere has rapidly evolved from a charming summer village into a dynamic lakeside community for over 20,000 residents.
By demonstrating the City’s values, employees at the City of Chestermere use their strengths and unique abilities to contribute to the vision of Chestermere as a sustainable lakeside recreational community that is safe and family oriented. We serve our community by creating an Amazing place to live, work and play. Chestermere is committed to creating a diverse workplace environment.
- Please download and complete the application package which can be found here.
- Please review the application package check list prior to submission. Incomplete applications will NOT be selected to the next phase of this recruitment.
- Once the application package has be completed, candidates can submit their application package to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure you include your cover-letter and resume.
- Applications must be submitted in their entirety.
- This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Note: The City appreciates receiving resumes from all qualified individuals, however only those applicants who are short-listed for an interview will be contacted.