Chestermere Municipal Enforcement is a progressive and innovative Peace Officer agency that prides themselves on providing exceptional service, support and safety to our citizens. Are you someone with high integrity who has the mental agility to handle multiple situations with the public in an empathetic way? We want to meet you!
Why work for our Amazing City? Within the City’s amazing internal culture, Chestermere Municipal Enforcement is a progressive and innovative team, offering a fast paced and diverse environment. This position provides the successful candidates a variety of work environments, including Vehicle, Marine and OHV patrols, Community /School Liaison, and working very closely with other public safety stakeholders. In addition, this position is based out of the Chestermere Public Safety Building, offering employees access to health and wellness programming and a state-of the -art gym facility. Work-life balance is important for our staff, which is why this position works on a 4/4 shift schedule. Find out more at www.chestermere.ca/amazing
The City of Chestermere is currently seeking a full-time (40.0 hours per week) experienced Level ll Community Peace Officer to join our Community Safety Team.
As a Community Peace Officer with the City of Chestermere this position will report to the Peace Officer Sergeant and provide operational expertise in the enforcement of Provincial/Federal Statutes (limited), Municipal Bylaws and delivering both school and community programming within the City of Chestermere.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Bylaw Enforcement and reporting
- Traffic and Commercial Vehicle enforcement
- Public and Community engagement
- Animal Control
- School/Public education
- Mobile Patrols by vehicle, boat and OHV
- Working closely with other municipal departments and other public safety stakeholders
*For more information, please view the detailed job-description here.
Consideration will be given to candidates who:
- Post-secondary education related to law enforcement from a recognized post-secondary institution,
- Currently a Level 1 Community Peace Officer, or have served as CPO1 or Police Officer within the last 5yrs,
- Class Five license with minimal demerits supported by a current driver’s abstract upon hire,
- Standard First Aid and CPR/AED certification
- Successful criminal background check including RCMP Enhanced Security Screening
- As a condition of employment, a certificate of an approved fitness test (PARE, COPAT, POPAT, A-PREP)
- Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on a rotating shift schedule that includes days, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays
Working for the City of Chestermere:
As Alberta’s fastest growing municipality, the City of Chestermere has rapidly evolved from a charming summer village into a dynamic lakeside community for over 20,000 residents.
By demonstrating the City’s values, employees at the City of Chestermere use their strengths and unique abilities to contribute to the vision of Chestermere as a sustainable lakeside recreational community that is safe and family oriented. We serve our community by creating an Amazing place to live, work and play. Chestermere is committed to creating a diverse workplace environment.
- Interested candidates are encouraged apply via email: email@example.com Attention: T. Bowman
- Please include your resume and cover-letter indicating your interest in this position
- Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.
Note: The City appreciates receiving resumes from all qualified individuals, however only those applicants who are short-listed for an interview will be contacted