Responsible to support the implementation of Social and Recreation programs and promote those opportunities to Sturgeon County residents.
- Support and test activity registrationsoftware.
- Input and verify program entry into the activity registration system, support residents through the registration process as required, prepare class lists, manage program cancelations and class changes, monitoring onlineregistrations.
- Survey development, implementation, and support with an online survey and questionnaire tool to gather the necessary information for outcomereporting.
- Plan, organize, implement, evaluate and report on community events and programs in Sturgeon County including the booking of facilities, procurement of supplies and materials, and report and monitor programbudgets.
- Receive and process community block partyapplications.
- Book and maintain inventory of rental equipment including block party kits, games andcanopies.
- Complete final program reports including recommendations for future programs andplanning.
- Advertise and market of allprograms.
- Liaison with program staff, participants and community volunteers to ensure high qualityprograms experiences.
- Plan, prepare, and schedule all school openhouses.
- Casual/relief leader whenrequired.
- Perform routine data entry including department employee timesheet entry into payrollsoftware.
- Quote, Order, and Receipt program equipment and supplies asrequired.
- Assist the Department with Records and Information Management Programthrough the maintenance, control, and disposition of department records
- Adhere to applicable responsibilities and accountabilities as outlined in the Sturgeon County Health and Safety Management System.
- Post-secondary education in recreation, education or other related field and previous experience working in a program setting.
- Valid first aid certificate and defensive driving is required prior to start.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required.
- A valid class 4 would be an asset.
- A clear Criminal Record and Child Welfare Record Check is required
- strong organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills, extremely detail oriented, with interpersonal skills to work with staff members and external customers
strong computer skills and demonstrate a high level of competency using all Microsoft programs and other related software.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email quoting the competition number in the subject line to:
Morinville, AB T8R 1L9
Thank you to all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Sturgeon County is an equal opportunity employer.