TOWN OF HANNA
FULL TIME PERMANENT - COMMUNITY SERVICES COORDINATOR
Updated: September 2021
Director of Community Services
Community Services Secretary
Seasonal and part-time staff within department
Summary of Functions:
Collaborate and undertake a leadership role to provide preventative social services for members of the community. This includes special projects, recreational and cultural events, etc. as required.
Preference for those who have achieved a degree in Recreation, Community Development, Human Services or Business Management.
- A strong combination of relevant post secondary education and/or experience in not-for-profit, program management, social/community health services, business or public administration will be considered.
Full Time – 35 hours/week
As the Community Services Coordinator this position will collaborate within the social services sector, using an evidenced based approach to help ensure our community members have needed preventative social services. Success will be measured by the ability to achieve timely results in the context of a respectful, inclusive and service-minded style.
Community Services Board
- Assist with the preparation of reports, minutes and correspondence of the Community Services Board
- Work with the Community Services Board to ensure funding supports the delivery of preventative social services programs in relation to FCSS programs and services provided.
- Attend meetings if required
- Provide reports for meetings
Hanna and District Youth Club
- Youth Club Board
- Prepare reports & schedule the Youth Club Board Meetings
- Prepare Minutes of Youth Club Board Meetings
- Prepare Correspondence resulting from YC Board Meetings.
- Develop programs in conjunction with Youth Club members
- Organize events in conjunction with Youth Club members
FCSS (Family and Community Support Services)
- FCSS Provincial Agreement
- Liaise and consult with FCSS funded agencies to foster development of their preventative social services programs, ensure effective communication and develop program outcomes.
- Collaborate with non-profit organizations in the delivery of programs that demonstrate best of promising practices that reflects the FCSS Funding Framework.
- Promote and facilitate the development of healthy families, individuals and community.
- Manage all contracts to ensure accountability and provision of effective preventative social services.
- Work with the community to facilitate the delivery of preventative social services by identifying and evaluating social issues and needs.
- Assist with managing and supporting the annual grant cycle.
- Promote inclusiveness and diversity in the community
- Research, social planning and administrative support to senior management
Supervision of Staff
- Hiring, supervision and evaluation of casual and seasonal staff as required for special events/programs/summer programs.
Organize Special Events, which may include:
- Volunteer Week
- Canada Day Celebrations
- Seniors Week events, including Mayors Garden Party
Provide Leadership in collaboration and cooperation with Committees & Community Groups, which may include:
- Hanna Interagency
- Family Resource Worker Program
- Hanna Family & Marriage Therapy Program
- Family Violence Prevention
- Association of Communities Against Abuse
- Block Parents
- Project REACH
- Rural Mental Health
As the Community Services Coordinator:
Work with Town Administration and Departments to organize, assist and manage various projects, including administrative functions and meeting preparation, recreational and cultural events, etc. as required. This position will require some flexibility in work hours, as attendance is required at events/programs/meetings, etc on evenings and weekends.
To apply for this postion please send your resume to:
Town of Hanna
302 2nd Avenue West
PO Box 430
Hanna, AB T0J 1P0
or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates invited for interviews will be contacted.