If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary. City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
This position reports to the City Clerk, and in the capacity of elections the Returning Officer. As the Deputy City Clerk, Elections and Census, you will develop and lead a high performing team in delivering the election program. The election program consists of conducting an annual census, receiving and validating petitions, administering ward boundary revisions, and conducting the general municipal elections and by-elections as required on behalf of the City, The Public School Board and Calgary Separate School District. In addition to these duties you will:
- Lead election program innovation projects that deliver a citizen-centric program.
- Work collaboratively with other City departments to deliver the election program.
- Deliver the election program ensuring all legislative requirements and stakeholder expectations are met.
- Work collaboratively with all orders of government and other Alberta municipalities.
- Manage financial resources for the division.
- Participate in various corporate programs including preparing and managing the division operations and capital budgets through business and strategic planning.
- Work with your various election program teams to ensure continuity and maintain a positive work environment.
- Develop and promote outreach and education programs in support of the election program.
- Report and establish performance measures related to all aspects of the election program.
- Identify changes in technology, legislation, public perception, and corporate policies that may impact service delivery.
- A degree in a related field such as Arts, Public Administration, Law or Social Sciences.
- A minimum of 8 years of progressively senior experience in the administration of government programs related to access and privacy, legislative duties, appeal boards and committees, corporate records management, and elections and census management including experience supervising a team or leading a large corporate project.
- Previous experience managing organizing and directing the operations of large (800-3000 people), high-profile, public events (such as Election) would be an asset.
- Proven successful project delivery.
- Excellent ethical standards, decision-making, judgment, analytical and communication skills.
- Equivalent combinations of experience and education may be considered.
- A security clearance will be conducted.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Business Unit: City Clerk's Office
Position Type: Permanent
Location: 1103 - 55 Avenue N.E.
Compensation: Level G $98,270 - 154,609 per annum
Days of Work: This position works a 5 daywork week with 1 day off in a 3 week cycle.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Audience: Internal and External
Apply By: April 22, 2019
Job ID #: 301972