With a population of 32,097, Parkland County offers a range of municipal services and a vibrant mix of agricultural, residential, industrial and recreational opportunities. This unique rural area is situated on the west outskirts of Edmonton, just 20 minutes from downtown, and stretching over 2438 sq. km. of picturesque landscapes. We are currently inviting applications for a:
Development Engineering Officer II
Parkland County has a permanent, full-time position available within the Planning & Development Services Department for a Development Engineering Officer II. Reporting to the Manager, Land Development Engineering, the Development Engineering Officer II works as part of a team responsible for supporting the planning and development applications in Parkland County. This is a mid-level professional position in the Planning and Development Department that requires a high degree of professional responsibility in the development engineering component of statutory plans, subdivisions and development along with the administration of development agreements and related oversight of infrastructure construction, completion and securities. In addition, this position interacts with developers and applicants on a continuous basis, assists with service area projects and supports other departmental functions when required.
- Civil Engineering Technology Diploma or a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution along with the applicable designation as a Professional Engineer, Certified Engineering Technologist or Professional Technologist (Eng).
- Five years of related experience in the design, construction and inspection of subdivisions and general land development.
- Experience in the construction of waterlines, sewer lines, illumination lighting, drainage, Storm Water Management Facilities (SWMF) and road construction.
- Knowledge and experience with higher level statutory plans and the associated engineering requirements would be considered an asset.
- Possession of a valid Alberta driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
Competition Number: 18-61 RE-POST
Rate of Pay: Competitive salary to be commensurate with education and experience.
Hours of Work: 7 hours/day; 35 hours/week
Competition Closing Date: Open until suitable candidate is found.
Benefits: Extensive benefits are offered including an option to join our Earned Day Off Program.
Please apply online at https://www.parklandcounty.com/en/county-office/Employment.aspx