The Town of Morinville is a vibrant, growing community located in the Edmonton Metro region. With a resident population of approximately 10,500, Morinville has a healthy business and residential community that offers an excellent quality of life ina smaller urban setting.
We are currently seeking a full-time Development Planner to join our Planning & Economic Development team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Planning & Economic Development, this position plays a key role in managing the permit and application process of land development within the Town.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Review and process all major Development Permit Applications (including residential, commercial, industrial, institutional, signage, and home occupation applications).
- Ensure compliance with and enforcement of provisions of the Land Use Bylaw, Municipal Government Act, and Town Bylaws and Policies as they apply to the full range of municipal planning services.
- Frequent public contact requiring extensive knowledge and judgment to explain statutory plans and policies.
- Process subdivision applications and subdivision endorsement requests to control subdivision projects within the Town
- Ensure all applications conform to Town Bylaws, policies, objectives, and expectations.
- Review, analyze, make recommendations, and present items for the Subdivision Development Appeal Board (SDAB).
- Monitor the performance and effectiveness of the Land Use Bylaw, and participate in amendment processes when changes are required.
- Negotiate, prepare, and interpret development agreements associated with land use and subdivision applications.
- Exercise discretion, diplomacy, empathy and tact in daily work and present a professional image to developers, investors, and the general public.
- Post-Secondary education in Urban or Regional Planning, or a related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years of working experience in land use planning is required.
- Planning Designation (or actively working toward) is preferred.
- Experience in a municipal government setting considered an asset.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Strong problem-solving, attention to detail, as well as interpersonal and critical thinking skills and abilities.
- Excellent time management, customer service, organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Advanced analytical, issue management, and negotiation skills.
- Proficient with MS Office 365 and other related computer technology and programs.
Compensation: Annual salary range of $76,900— $91,823 (7 Step Grid), based on 35 hours per week.
We offer acomprehensive benefits package including Pension, professional development opportunities and a supportive work environment.
Please submit applications quoting “COMP #202145-DP” to:
Town of Morinville
Morinville, AB T8R 1L6
The Town of Morinville thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.