Reporting to the Senior Director, Marketing and Communications, the Digital Content Developer will be responsible for coordinating and developing multimedia content for use in digital communications channels and assisting with events planning. This is a new position created to support the Marketing and Communications team. The successful candidate will provide the skills and extra capacity needed to take our digital presence to the next level. The position will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing digital content that reflects AUMA’s value to members, contributes to achieving Marketing & Communications’ objectives, and aligns with the brand standards.
Full time, Permanent
Level 3- Consultant
Education and Skills
- Minimum Diploma or Degree in digital marketing, content development, or similar
- A minimum of three years
Skills and Attributes
- Proven ability to design, develop, and implement written content, images, and video across a variety of digital channels (website & social media)
- Ability to create from scratch multimedia content (including audio, photos, & videos)
- Experience in website content management systems (CMS) and online / social media marketing
- Experience in reporting on key metrics using available analytics, e.g. Google Analytics, Twitter Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Some experience with advertising, layout & design, and copywriting is an asset
- Innovative, adaptive, and able to work in a very fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for building relationships & collaborating effectively
- Results driven and highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects and diverse activities with attention to detail and project deadlines
- Sound judgement, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, CMS, client databases, and others)
- Knowledge of municipal and non-profit organizations is an asset
- Create supportive audio, video, & photographic content for advocacy initiatives & diverse lines of business services, then implement the content through our e-newsletters, social media accounts, and website
- Manage advertising on social media and search engines
- Report results using available analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, Twitter Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc.)
- Support design & layout of presentations, webinars, & other tools
- Build webpages, including copywriting, giving careful consideration to best possible user experience
- Execute website change requests
- Develop & curate a library of multimedia assets
- Co-ordinate resources and subject matter experts’ content for use in e-newsletters, social media posts, and on the website
- Support Events Manager with Convention planning & administration
- Other duties as required
- Driver’s license and vehicle required for some travel.
- Travel known in advance.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume with cover letter to Jeff Simpson, Senior Director, Human Resources at email@example.com.
Selection of people to perform this position is based on matching their knowledge, skills, competencies, and behaviours to the work to be performed so that the best qualified candidates are chosen. AUMA is committed to employment practices that are unbiased with regard to equal opportunity of employment. AUMA makes every effort to be in compliance with the Alberta Human Rights Legislation.