Director, Communications and Marketing (Full-time)
This position takes care of our community by planning, developing and implementing communications, marketing and public engagement strategies for the Town of Banff. You can be counted on to ensure accurate, relevant, timely and factual information about our programs, services and initiatives are delivered and accessible to residents and stakeholders, including media.
You report to the Town Manager and work collaboratively with the senior leadership team, while inspiring your direct reports to deliver priorities and expectations set by Council annually in the Service Level Review.
- You are confident advising and consulting with Council, colleagues and Town partners on communication strategies and policies, media relations, public engagement opportunities.
- You ensure our communications reflect the community values and reinforce the reputation of the Town and our community in the global marketplace.
- Your work experience has kept you up to date with effective methods to engage our residents, businesses, and partnerships with agencies such as Parks Canada, Banff Lake Louise Tourism and provincial and federal counterparts.
- You are as passionate about the importance of what is communicated as you are about how to deliver the message to your desired audience.
- You inspire our team to connect, relate and relay through reports, media releases, statements, and public forums in a way that ensure inclusiveness.
Banff is more than a location for you, it is where you can make a difference by blending your professional passion for building a thriving and engaged community with your personal passion for health and well-being in a natural environment.
Education and Experience:
- You have a university degree in communications, public relations, journalism or marketing, combined with at least seven years work experience in a related field (preferably with at least four years in a senior or management positon requiring strategic planning).
- Working knowledge of local government or public sector procedures would be an asset.
- You can demonstrate superior skills and experience in writing and verbal communications, marketing and media relations, as well as effective presentation delivery.
- Your technical expertise in Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Creative suite and in a variety of communications tools is required in this role, including; web, social media and marketing, print, broadcasts, etc.
“Taking care of Banff: our People, our Community, our Park.”
Please forward your cover letter and resume by Monday, March 19, 2018:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (a full position description may be requested at this address)
Mail: Town of Banff, Box 1260, Banff, AB, T1L 1A1 (Drop off: 110 Bear Street)