The Director of Corporate Services is responsible with the planning, coordination, and control of the financial activities of the Corporate Services Department. Financial activities and responsibilities include but are not limited to budget preparation and monitoring, financial reporting, taxation, insurance, and asset management. If you enjoy a rural lifestyle and would like to work for a highly professional organization with a great team environment, then this could be the position for you.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the position and are not a complete description of all responsibilities and activities required for this position.
- Formal education in accounting and/or working towards a designation
- Progressive experience in a local government setting preferred
- Experience with budget preparation and monitoring
- Experience in asset management and insurance
- Ability and experience in supervision and mentoring of a work team
- A high degree of accuracy in all areas of work
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment while meeting required deadlines
- Full competency in the use of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience with Great Plains/Diamond accounting program an asset
- Knowledge of local government administrative and legislative systems
- Minimum Class 5 driver’s license with the ability to provide a satisfactory driver’s abstract
- Ability to provide a satisfactory Criminal Records check
This position reports to the Chief Administrative Officer and works closely with all County Departments. Saddle Hills County is a progressive municipality located in the scenic Central Peace Region of Northern Alberta which offers a rural lifestyle with urban conveniences. Staff members may have access to an employee funded in-office gym and temporary staff housing, as well as other great benefits. Come see what the Saddle Hills County Advantage is all about!
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found. Saddle Hills County would like to thank all those interested in the position. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range: $131,054 to $163,817 per year
Local Authorities Pension Plan; Group Benefits Package
Please send resumes clearly marked “21-JP-07 - Private and Confidential” to:
Saddle Hills County
Attention: Human Resources
RR 1 Spirit River, AB T0H 3G0
Fax: (780) 864-3904
Ph: (780) 864-3760