Located only ninety minutes from Edmonton with a population of over 10,200, Whitecourt is a prosperous and fast growing community in central Alberta. Surrounded by beautiful forests and the scenic Athabasca and McLeod Rivers, it is a haven for outdoor recreation. Whitecourt also offers modern recreation facilities and amenities that are comparable to those found in large urban centers. You’ll find a range of recreational and social opportunities for every member of your family making Whitecourt a great place to live, work, and play. For more information on Whitecourt visit www.whitecourt.ca.
The Town currently has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to assume the position of Director of Infrastructure. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Director is an integral part of our senior management team. The individual we are seeking has an open, honest, and consistent approach to working with elected officials, staff, residents, and the business community. The role also requires exceptional leadership skills that will foster the encouragement of people and teams to deliver high-quality programs and services to our residents.
The Director of Infrastructure is responsible to coordinate the development of new municipal infrastructure while ensuring that existing public assets are maintained in excellent condition. The Infrastructure Department includes the divisions of Utilities, Public Works, Parks and Open Spaces, and Engineering Services. This position will:
- Be responsible for operation of the water/wastewater treatment, solid waste management, roads and parks.
- Develop policies, procedures and programs for accomplishment of approved objectives of the department.
- Develop a yearly budget for areas under the direct supervision of the position and make budgeted expenditures as required.
- Manage and coordinate complex initiatives and special projects.
- Act as a resource to the Whitecourt Solid Waste Management Authority.
The strategic leadership of the Director is vital to the development and coordination of sustainable infrastructure for our rapidly growing municipality. The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Registered Professional Engineer in good standing with Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA). Equivalent experience in a related position would be considered.
- Formal academic qualifications (degree or diploma) in the fields of Local Government Administration or Business Administration would be an asset.
- A minimum of five years related past experience in a senior municipal government setting.
- The ability to communicate both verbally and in written form; with strong presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and professional skills in dealing with staff and the public.
- Proven ability to direct and manage staff in a positive manner with a focus on a team culture.
- Sound budgeting and business planning skills.
The Town of Whitecourt offers competitive compensation packages to successful applicants.
Interested individuals are invited to forward their resumes in confidence to the address listed below prior to 12:00 Noon, Friday, December 15, 2017.
Attn: HR/Payroll Clerk
Re: Job # 17-035
Box 509, 5004-52 Ave.
Whitecourt, AB T7S 1N6
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.