St. Paul is a community of 6004 strategically located in the center of the North-East region of Alberta and is a major trading center for the surrounding districts. St. Paul is supported by agriculture supplemented by the oil and gas industries.
The Director of Public Works is responsible for the planning, organization, direction and integration of the Town’s public works activities and functions. The Director of Public Works will be responsible for the administration and operational direction of the Town’s public works functions, including fleet management, GIS, streets & sidewalks, storm sewers, solid waste collection, and maintenance of the Town’s underground water distribution and wastewater collection systems.
The ideal candidate will have:
Graduated from an accredited Civil Engineering Technology Program, or APWA’s Public Works Supervisor Program, or an equivalent educational program;
A minimum of 5 year’s experience in a management/supervisory role in a municipal public works environment;
Experience developing and implementing operational policies, procedures, work plans, operating and capital budgets and departmental strategic plans;
Excellent communication, public relations, customer service, problem solving and conflict resolution skills are essential;
- Proven ability to motivate and direct staff in a positive manner to achieve organizational objectives;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and re-evaluate situations as they arise;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Municipal Legislation, Occupational Health & Safety, and Alberta Environment regulations;
- Computer proficiency in business applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook) and familiarity with GIS mapping;
- Class 5 Driver’s License;
- Preference will be given to candidates with certification in Level 1 Water Distribution and Level 1 Wastewater collection.
The successful applicant will be required to work our regular office hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Starting annual salary for this position is dependent on qualifications and experience. The Town of St. Paul offers a comprehensive benefit and pension plan.
Please forward a cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources – Town of St. Paul
St. Paul, AB T0A 3A0
Deadline to submit applications:
Wednesday, Dec. 13, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.