Department: Recreation and Cultural Services
Salary: $114,750 - $141,750
The City of Spruce Grove is a fast growing, dynamic city committed to building and maintaining a fiscally responsible community that serves our residents, attracts visitors and promotes future growth. Through the actions of the Values We Live By, accountability, communication, leadership, integrity and respect are encouraged, while maintaining a work, play balance.
Reporting to the General Manager of Community and Protective Services, this position is responsible for the provision of leadership and strategic direction to the Recreation and Cultural Services department and the delivery of comprehensive operations and program management services for the City of Spruce Grove. The City has recently moved towards amalgamating the Recreation and Culture departments and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to help build and lead this transition. This role manages and promotes a broad range of recreational and cultural services and facilities, and encourages maximum community involvement and coordination with organizations in order to reflect the recreational and cultural needs of the City. They also think and act strategically by articulating Recreation and Culture needs and plans to the General Manager of Community and Protective Services.
If you are a professional who:
- Will build, reorganize and develop the newly formed Recreation and Cultural Services department,
- Seeks challenge and is keen to demonstrate your leadership capabilities in an innovative and dynamic environment,
- Understands and lives the value of what a true strategic leader can enable, and
- Wants to make a difference in the ‘Community of Choice’,
……then we want to hear from you
- Post-secondary Degree in Recreation Sciences, Arts/Culture Management, Physical Education, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Fifteen (15) plus years of related experience which includes five (5) years or more of leadership experience.
- Municipal experience preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge and experience in recreation and culture administration, management and delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop department staff members.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate effective communications between community members.
Visit our website at www.sprucegrove.org to review the complete position description and to apply online.