Reporting to the Director of Legislative, Community & Agriculture Services the Economic Development and Marketing Officer is an essential component of the Mountain View County team. This position will play a key role in the development of marketing strategies and initiatives involved in the implementation and support of Mountain View County’s Economic Development Strategic Plan. As a specialist in public relations and marketing, the incumbent should have the necessary skills required to communicate effectively with the business community, intergovernmental partners, staff throughout the organization, Senior Management and Council. The incumbent should have a strong background in Marketing and/or Economic Development, understand the professional and political atmosphere of municipal government and be a proven performer in the continual development and implementation of a long-term strategy.
Key areas of responsibility are:
- Economic Development & Marketing of County Business Parks and Airport Lots
- Marketing of County Tourism and Special Projects
- Internal marketing of County programs and services in collaboration with the Communications Coordinator
- Develops and implements marketing strategies in alignment with the County’s Economic Development Strategy
- Completion of Grade 12 or GED equivalent combined with a University degree in Commerce, Communications, Economics, Business Administration or Marketing; a combination of education and experience will be considered;
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience, preferably in a rural municipal setting and in the capacity of economic development and marketing;
- Professional work record that demonstrates effective promotion of economic development projects and community relations initiative preferably in a rural environment. Project management abilities and above average oral and written skills.
- Proven and effective team building and leadership strengths; commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer service; demonstrated capacity to act as a self-directed team leader with rural awareness;
- High degree of competency in using computers for planning, reporting and analysis; able to use Microsoft Office Suite software and other municipal software; and
- Experience in Social Media, Website and Graphic Design will be considered an asset.
Submit resumes, Attention Human Resources, in one of the following ways:
Email to email@example.com
*Fax to (403)335-9207
*Mail to Mountain View County. PO Bag 100, Didsbury, AB T0M 0W0
Applications are to be marked “confidential” and will be received in confidence.
Note: For a detailed Position Description and approved 2021 salary range please contact Human Resources directly at 403-335-3311 ext 153 or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org - We appreciate the interest of all candidates; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.