Under the guidance of Council for the City of Lloydminster and reporting to the Executive Manager, Community Development Services, the Economic Development Officer (EDO) is expected to initiate, advance, coordinate, participate, evaluate and report on community and economic planning and development initiatives for the betterment of the economic position of the City.
The Economic Development Officer (EDO) will:
- Advance and provide key input for an Economic Development Plan with goals, objectives and metrics to evaluate the plan.
- Identify, collect and gather relevant information and data regarding new and existing projects.
- Support new and existing business development and retention with information, funding and networking as necessary.
- Build and maintain effective working relations with appropriate stakeholders.
- Provide written and oral reports to City Council regularly.
- Work with the Mayor, appointed Council members and the City Manager/City Administration to exercise the office of the EDO which may include working with an Economic Development Committee as approved by Council.
- Identify and apply for any relevant Provincial or Federal funding initiatives.
- Complete budgeting and ensure the appropriate use of funds, including the oversight of the Economic Development project funding.
- Represent the City as necessary on boards or at conferences etc.
- In conjunction with the City’s Communications Team, develop a communication plan and ensure proper content is provided to the website and social media.
- Travel outside of the City with the possibility of international travel as required.
- Other related duties from time to time as required.
Normal working hours are between 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. with the occasional requirement to work outside these standard hours.
Specific requirements for this role are:
- A Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree in Business, Marketing or Economic Development or a related discipline is preferred, however equivalent experience may be considered.
- Three to five years of experience in a related field.
- Member of the Economic Developers Association of Canada (EDAC) and/or Alberta (EDA) is desired.
- Possession of an Economic Development Certification or working towards is desired.
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- A valid Alberta or Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver’s License with an acceptable Driver’s Abstract is required. The successful candidate will be required to operate a personal vehicle for business purposes.
- A valid passport is required.
- This position is contingent upon receiving a satisfactory criminal record check prior to employment.
The City of Lloydminster is an equal opportunity employer. If you have questions or require further information on this position, please contact us. All applications must be sent to the Employee Relations team and received by the closing date.
City of Lloydminster
4420 50 Avenue
Lloydminster AB/SK T9V 0W2