The Town of Three Hills is seeking to fill the shoes of our awesome Executive Assistant, who decided not to return from her maternity leave. We are looking for a self-motivated, dynamic, community-minded individual to play an essential role in providing legislative and administrative support to the CAO and Senior Management Team to facilitate the effective and efficient operations of the municipality. This position is a Full Time – Permanent position.
It is also the responsibility of the Executive Assistant to ensure a constant awareness and service orientation to the customers, both internal and external while ensuring compliance to all relevant legislation, policy, and procedure.
Reporting directly to the CAO, the preferred candidate will:
- Provide confidential administrative support to the CAO and Senior Management Team to ensure resources are provided to make effective decisions.
- Prepare, compile, and distribute agenda packages and minutes as per the Council Procedure Bylaw.
- Research, draft, review, and complete reports, bylaws, policies, agendas, documentation, minutes, and press releases.
- Liaise with the public and community stakeholders to schedule and coordinate delegations to appear before Council.
- Schedule, coordinate, and make travel, meeting, and event arrangements as required.
- May be required to attend meetings and events, during and after regularly scheduled hours.
- Assist with developing and maintaining operating and capital budget processes.
- Maintain the records management systems and ensure the protection and security of files and records.
- Coordinate activities with external agencies and other operational areas.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Completion of post-secondary diploma in the field of business, administration, or related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Commissioner of Oaths, or ability to obtain.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite of applications.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation including, the Municipal Government Act, the Local Election Authority Act, and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing “Executive Assistant” in the subject line. Applicants are advised to also provide a cover letter that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience, and relevant examples of required competencies.
The Town thanks all applicants for their interest. The Town is an equal opportunity employer, and all applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Petra Jerricke, HR Officer or Ryan Leuzinger, CAO, at (403) 443-5822 or email@example.com. Upon receipt of your resume and cover letter, an information package will be sent to you outlining further information, including salary and benefit information.
This posting will remain open until October 1, 2021 @ 4:30 pm.