Lacombe and District Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the strengthening and enhancing of family and community life by offering locally based preventative and supportive social services, promoting volunteerism and coordinating partnerships within the community.
We are currently recruiting for a highly motivated, organized and effective professional to join our FCSS team in the leadership role of Executive Director. Reporting to the FCSS Board of Directors, this position is responsible for managing the operations of the organization, collaborating with community to address identified social needs, the sustainability of ongoing programs and services and seeking out new opportunities to enhance the social well-being of the community.
The Lacombe FCSS offices are located in the beautiful downtown Lacombe Memorial Centre. Through a strong partnership we manage and operate the FCSS provincial program for the City of Lacombe.
Lacombe is a friendly and warm community on the Highway 2 corridor. A beautiful city blessed with many historical buildings, abundant trees, trails, numerous ponds, and rolling hills mixes the relaxed atmosphere of small-town living with first-class amenities and green spaces.
In 2019, Lacombe residents ranked highest in personal giving to charities for the 6th year in a row, making us one of the most generous communities in Canada. Lacombe ranks high in being one of the best places to live in Canada.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a solid understanding of preventative social services and community development
- Have the ability to develop and direct strategic planning processes as adopted by the FCSS Board
- Be a well-organized individual with the ability to set priorities and balance multiple projects
- Possess excellent communication skills both written and oral, including skills in public presentations and the preparation of analytical reports
- Possess effective interpersonal skills and relationship building with staff, volunteers, agencies, City Officials and the public
- Have practical understanding of Board governance and sound non-profit management
- Ensure effective financial management, budgeting, financial controls and reporting
- Have proven ability to facilitate community groups with problem solving, strategic thinking and mediation skills
- Possess effective team building, leadership, HR and supervisory skills
- Actively model a strong commitment to continuous improvement of Lacombe & District FCSS
- Be highly proficient in the use of computer programs and software
Undergraduate or Masters level degree in Community Development, Human Services or Business Management
- A minimum of eight years’ experience in a senior non-profit management level
- A strong combination of relevant post secondary education and/ or experience in not-for-profit, program management, social/community health services, business or public administration will be considered
This position will require some flexibility in work hours and use of a personal vehicle.
Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience. In addition, Lacombe FCSS offers a comprehensive benefit package.
September 17, 2021
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to:
Lacombe & District FCSS
ATTENTION: Executive Director Competition
#201, 5214 – 50th Ave
Lacombe, AB T4L 0B6
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.