The Town of Taber is looking for a suitable person to perform day-to-day preventative maintenance of Town-owned buildings and equipment, as well as perform a variety of duties to support the ongoing maintenance and operation of municipal infrastructure systems.
- Performs minor building and equipment maintenance repairs.
- Works in accordance with all required safety regulations and legislation.
- Maintains facilities and equipment including: interior/exterior finishes, roof structures, electrical equipment, plumbing equipment, air handling systems, pumps, compressors, valves and controls.
- Consults with suppliers, confirms specifications and requests equipment and supplies purchases. Maintains adequate supplies & materials; purchases replacement stock.
- Maintains and updates records such as checklists, incident reports, lifecycle plans, tailgate meeting records, contractor orientation, progress reports and operating procedures.
- Identifies and analyzes buildings & equipment maintenance issues; implements solutions.
- Reads, interprets and updates mechanical, architectural and structural blueprints; sketches schematic diagrams.
- Conducts regular building and equipment inspections.
- Researches and develops equipment and materials specifications.
- Performs routine vehicle and equipment maintenance such as checking fluids & tire pressure, greasing, and cleaning.
- Performs tailgate safety meeting and hazard assessments with contractors.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team and safety-focused environment
- Participates in the workplace health and safety program, including monthly worksite and hazard inspections, complying with all safe work practices, policies and processes in a safe manner at all times.
- Completes tasks in a safe and timely manner with all the required paperwork.
- Performs other related duties as designated by the Director of Engineering and Public Works, including but not limited to; community event setup, painting, health and safety program duties, hanging Christmas lights, shop maintenance, and solid waste pickup.
- Minimum (2) years’ experience in residential/commercial construction and building maintenance.
- Successful completion of grade 12 or equivalent.
- Interest in working with construction materials, machinery, equipment, and techniques commonly used in construction, maintenance, and operation.
- Proven experience or journeyman’s trade certificate in a trade such as plumbing, carpentry, electrical, millwright, etc.
- Aerial Lift Truck an asset.
- Confined Space Entry an asset.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Valid Class 5 license.
- Ability to provide a clean Police Information Check
- Standard First Aid/CPR/AED
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Full time position
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week.
START DATE: Immediately
COMPETITION CLOSE DATE: Extended to Friday, June 11th, 2021 @ 4:30pm
This position falls within the scope of CUPE Local 2038.
Please submit a resume and cover letter, in confidence to:
Human Resources Manager
Town of Taber
A - 4900 50 St.
Taber, AB T1G 1T1
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only those applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.