Athabasca Regional Multiplex Society is seeking an outgoing individual with strong organizational, communication and leadership skills for the position of Facility Manager.
Reporting to the General Manager, some of the responsibilities of the Facility Manager include:
- Leading the effective operation and maintenance of the Athabasca Regional Multiplex
- Ensure the coordination and successful execution of community recreation, sports events, and major events that meet contractual obligations and customer service standards
- Oversee selection and coordination of building contractors and subcontractors, including obtaining bids for projects
- Prepare and execute long term equipment maintenance plan for the facility
- Prepare and monitor facility maintenance budgets in consultation with the General Manager
- Attend Athabasca Regional Multiplex Society Board meetings when required
- Manage, train, evaluate and motivate employees in accordance with policies, directives, and ensure relevant procedures are followed to develop a knowledgeable and exceptional team
- Ensure recreation facilities are safely operated and maintained, ensuring all standards and codes are met
- Lead the organization’s Health and Safety program and oversee the safety and well-being of staff and patrons
- Acting as General Manager in his/her absence
Qualifications for this position include, experience or education in Facility Management, 4+ years of building maintenance, excellent written, communication and organizational skills, 2+ years of staff management experience and proven leadership.
The starting annual salary range for this position is $65,933 to $77,251 per annum based on a 37.5 hour work week, and will be dependent on experience and education. A comprehensive benefits package, including the Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP), is provided. The successful candidate will be required to provide a vulnerable sector check and must hold a valid driver’s license.
Interested candidates are asked to submit resumes by Friday, March 12, 2021, to:
Ryan Maier, Interim General Manager: