The Town of Vegreville has an opening for an energetic self-motivated Finance Manager. The Town of Vegreville is a progressive community with a population of approximately 5,700, located in East Central Alberta approximately one hour east of the City of Edmonton.
Under the direction of the Corporate Services Director, the Finance Manager is a respected member of an effective working team, dedicated to maintaining a good working relationship with management and staff in all departments.
- Knowledge of PSAB Accounting Standards and the Municipal Government Act
- Three to five years of related municipal government experience in a progressively senior financial role
- CPA designation is preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics, Diamond Software, Questica Budgeting software and Microsoft suite of products would be an asset
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; capable of dealing effectively with Town Council, staff and the general public
- CPA Public Sector Financial Reporting and Accounting course or equivalent an asset.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for the Town of Vegreville and related bodies and related financial presentations to Council.
- Preparation and maintenance of monthly financial reporting packages.
- Ensure all internal and external financial reporting requirements and deadlines are met.
- Preparation of annual working paper file and draft consolidated financial statements, including relevant note disclosures for external auditors,
- Any required grant applications and subsequent grant reporting.
- Assist with development and preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets; calculation of mill rates; and related financial presentations to Council.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and implementation of all financial policies and internal controls of and for the Town of Vegreville.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by the Corporate Services Director.
- Manage the daily operations of the Finance office, stressing the importance of teamwork, and ensuring the overall efficiency of the services provided by the team as a whole.
- Supervision and training of administrative staff in all areas of the Finance office including taxation and assessment; accounts payable; accounts receivable; utilities; and payroll.
- Receive and investigate complaints or concerns relative to the delivery of the Finance office services and ensure appropriate information is provided or appropriate action taken.
- Respond to customer concerns and complaints using tact and understanding.
A comprehensive employee benefit package is available.
Mail, fax or e-mail your resume by 12:00 Noon, Friday, February 23, 2018.
Mr. Paul Casey
Corporate Services Director
Town of Vegreville
P.O. Box 640
Vegreville, Alberta T9C 1R7
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.