The Town of Morinville is a growing community on the doorstep of Metro Edmonton. Developed on a foundation of rich heritage and culture spanning 100+ years, it offers an excellent quality of life with convenient access to all nearby big city amenities while retaining the characteristics of a vibrant and flourishing centre for the surrounding rural community.
Working collaboratively within the Human Resource Services team and reporting to the Human Resources Advisor, the Human Resources Generalist is responsible for providing various front-line HR services across the organization with a mindset to create exceptional service experiences through every interaction. The HR Generalist acts as a business champion to develop and deliver effective, integrated HR solutions and programs aligned with departmental and organizational strategic and business objectives. Primary areas of responsibility include the effective planning, implementation and ongoing evaluation of the HR programs of talent acquisition, recruitment, on-boarding, and learning and development.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Full-cycle recruitment facilitation working closely with key leadership members and the HRS team to ensure the right people with the right skills and attributes are in place to successfully meet business goals.
- · Workforce planning to identify current and prospective staffing requirements.
- Schedule and conduct interviews, reference checks, verbal job offers and prepare offer letters for successful candidates.
- Prepare and conduct new employee orientations while ensuring a positive candidate experience .
- Develop, maintain and facilitate effective onboarding and offboarding workflows, including managing logistics, with appropriate teams (i.e. HRS, other corporate service departments) the hiring manager, and the new employees.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with all levels of employees within the Town and recruitment candidates;
- Update the Town’s career page and other recruitment forums with recruitment competition updates as needed;
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the implementation of recruitment, onboarding and off-boarding systems.
- Provide expert advice and assistance to employees and management regarding Town programs, policies, procedures, legislation and the Collective Agreement.
- Track and prepare recruitment, onboarding and off-boarding, learning and development data and metrics and make recommendations to improve processes and procedures and support HRS program planning and decision making.
- Audit HR programs, policies, procedures, forms, manuals, and training materials against relevant legislation and best practices to identify and recommended improvements; proceed with development, revision and implementation as required.
- Work collaboratively with the HR Advisor in development, implementation and evaluation of both corporate and departmental level learning and development plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent education.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible and direct HR Generalist experience including talent acquisition/recruitment.
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) Designation is preferred;
- Strong working knowledge of Alberta Employment Standards, Human Rights legislation, and Collective Agreements.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.); knowledge and training with SharePoint is an asset.
- Strong problem-solving, attention to detail, as well as interpersonal and critical thinking skills and abilities.
- Excellent time management, customer service, organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Experience with developing presentations (i.e. in house training, etc.) and presenting to all levels of an organization.
- Prior experience with implementation of HRIS systems and modules is an asset.
- Previous public sector/municipality experience is an asset.
Compensation: Annual salary range of $76,900— $91,823 (7 Step Grid), based on 35 hours per week.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Pension, professional development opportunities and a supportive work environment.
Application Deadline: 12:00pm (noon) on June 14, 2021
The Town of Morinville thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit applications quoting “COMP #202125-HRG” to:
Town of Morinville
Morinville, AB T8R 1L6