The Town of Slave Lake is seeking an experienced HR professional to join the HR department in this newly created position.
Your role as HR Generalist will be far from one-dimensional. Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, you will act as the main point of contact for HR-related queries. The goal is to ensure the HR department’s operations run smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to the organization.
What You'll Do (Partial list of Key Responsibilities):
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of administrative systems that support HR functions.
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form in keeping with approved records management practices and corporate policy.
- Perform work in accordance with applicable health, safety and privacy legislation, policies and procedures, and all other employment legislation.
- Provide timely assistance to internal and external stakeholders and refer as appropriate to Manager, Human Resources.
- Support the recruitment process, which includes working with the hiring managers through the full cycle recruitment process.
- Support administrative activities related to the human resources information system (HRIS), including basic troubleshooting and data input that ensures up to date and accurate records.
- Under the guidance of the Manager, Human Resources, assist in the development and maintenance of Human Resources related forms and documents.
- Take the lead with new hire onboarding and orientation activities.
- Participate in HR programs and projects that contribute to the achievement of organizational goals, including active participation in the Social Committee initiatives and Health & Safety Committee meetings.
- Vacation coverage as requested.
- All other human resources related duties as assigned.
What You'll Need (Qualifications):
- Minimum 3 years’ proven experience as HR Generalist, HR Advisor or HR Business Partner.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Human Resource Management.
- Proficient in computer use including MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook).
- Customer focused and able to nurture positive customer relationships.
- Knowledge and understanding of general human principles and best working practices and procedures, employment standards legislation, and other regulatory requirements.
- Highly organized with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Strong integrity with ability to maintain confidentiality and manage highly sensitive information.
- Exceptional commitment to customer service with strong sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills as it relates to human resources.
- Possess or working towards a Certified Human Resources Professional (CPHR) designation is an asset.
- Solid analytical skills and superior ability to problem-solve.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, requiring little direction.
A detailed job description is available upon request.
The Town of Slave Lake offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits package.
Send your cover letter and resume to: Human Resources, Town of Slave Lake
10 Main Street S.W. P.O. Box 1030, Slave Lake, Alberta T0G 2A0
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates invited for interviews will be contacted.