The Town of Ponoka is currently seeking applications for a part-time Human Resources.
Duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Oversee the Town’s Human Resources operations and process;
- Provide employee/labour relations guidance to managers and supervisors;
- Interpretation of the collective agreements, legislation and management of any grievances;
- Attendance management and workplace investigations;
- Manage the full-cycle recruitment process for all positions management, out of scope, and union;
- Active member of the Joint Occupational Health & Safety Committee.
Required Education & Experience:
- Post-Secondary education in Human Resources and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an HR Generalist role;
- Experience working in both a unionized and non-unionized environment;
- Strong knowledge of Employment and OH&S legislation;
- CPHR designation is an asset.
The successful candidate will also be required to submit a satisfactory Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector check.
Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday 8:30am to 3:00pm (24 hours per week).
Applicants are asked to email resumes to Sandra.Lund@ponoka.ca by 4:30pm on December 21, 2018.
Interviews will be scheduled beginning January 2019.
The Town of Ponoka thanks all applicants in advance, however, only those being considered will be contacted.