The County of Vermilion River is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our safety-oriented team as an Information Technologist.
- Education in the Information Technology or Computer Sciences field and/or comparable work experience is required
- Strong ability to provide internal support, maintenance and troubleshooting for all our end-user technology systems
- Experience with Diamond (Central Square) software and/or other Municipal programs is an asset
- Experience with supporting the end-user community within a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops environment would be beneficial
- Impeccable attention to detail. High level of accuracy, project and time management, organizational skills with a high degree of integrity and professionalism
- Effective business communication skills including written, verbal, and interpersonal; analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Facilitation, training, presentation, and coaching skills
- Work effectively in a team environment as the local support for the County’s Managed Services Provider (MSP)
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Information Systems & Technology: Working closely with the MSP in supporting the end-user community. This will include the on-site support, maintenance and troubleshooting of the desktop computers, phone system, supporting networking services, as well as user session management within the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops environment, all under the direction and guidance of the MSP partner.
- Teamwork: Work closely with all departments to provide user level IT support, participating in evaluating the technology needs of the County, long term planning, special projects, and technology related issues. Leadership and interpersonal communication skills are critical.
- Administration: Prepare written documents, reports, and applications as required. Adhere to policies, standards, and regulations. Support the development and implementation of an Information Technology Strategic Plan.
A competitive salary and comprehensive municipal benefits package are available. The successful candidate will be required to provide a criminal record check and drivers abstract. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Applications clearly marked: “CONFIDENTIAL – INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIST” can be submitted by AUGUST 27, 2021 to:
Human Resources Manager
County of Vermilion River
4912 – 50 Avenue, Box 69
Kitscoty, AB T0B 2P0