The Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for planning and developing the Towns infrastructure to sustain and continually improve Strathmore built and open spaces to desired services levels of the community in a timely, cost effective, safely and sustainable manner. The Infrastructure Engineer will have knowledge of the theories, concepts, principles and practice of engineering relating to the planning, design, construction and operation of municipal works including roads, water and sewer facilities; project management, contract administration; effective techniques of supervision; computer equipment and software related to assignment; English usage, spelling and grammar. Must be an agent of change with a real focus on continuous improvement.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Supporting the management of Town assets managed to desired services levels including built assets such as roads, bridges, lanes, storm drainage, water system, and sewer system and open spaces such as parks, town facilities, and other assets.
- Planning and development of asset management plans to sustain the Towns existing infrastructure
- Development of long term infrastructure master plans to accommodate project growth of the community
- Planning for the implementation of capital programs to meet the approved asset management and master plans
- Identifying and developing funding for capital projects including endeavors to assist, offsite levies, capital grants, and other sources in a sustainable funding model
- Developing detail capital project scope of work for implementation by the Project Coordinator
- Under the direction of the manager, developing the ten-year capital plan and programs for approval by Council
- Leading teams including consultants and staff to develop and implement the long-term infrastructure plans
- Ensuring prioritized, timely and accurate completion of tasks and proactively plan for future projects
- Providing guidance and technical support to the development engineer on town’s requirement from developers
- Coordinating engineering consultants as required to develop specific plans
- Coordinating with other departments to align their long term needs with the infrastructure plans
- Developing improvement strategies resulting in the efficient and cost-effective delivery of Town’s infrastructure
- Developing communications plan for key infrastructure projects
- Collecting and maintaining records on infrastructure condition and performance.
- Mentoring and supporting junior staff members.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in civil or environmental engineering. Registered as a Professional APEGA. Certification in Project Management by the Project Management Institute would be an asset.
Skills & Experience: We are looking for someone who is experienced in asset management and mater planning, as well as long term capital plans and implementation strategies along with capital project scope of work. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of progressive responsible professional project management and engineering experience in the design and construction industry, preferably for municipalities.
Compensation: The Town of Strathmore offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
The Town of Strathmore is an equal opportunity employer, endeavoring to deliver municipal services that promote the well-being of our community of over 13,000 residents.
A complete resume of experience, qualifications and references will be accepted until 4:00 pm, February 12, 2018, quoting Competition No.TOS-2018-05 to:
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Town of Strathmore
680 Westchester Road
Strathmore, AB, T1P 1J1
Fax: 403-934-4713, or Email: email@example.com