Are you looking for a professionally rewarding IT career in public service, where you can provide advice and expertise on a wide variety of projects? If so, then our IT Department has an exciting opportunity for you. We are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager who will deliver service that is customer focused, solutions oriented, sustainable and innovative. The PM will be responsible for managing IT projects, from initiation through to completion. Our organization (www.lethbridge.ca) serves a community nearing 100,000 residents and is committed to delivering services in a way that earns the trust, respect and confidence of the community. We are looking for a results-oriented team member who demonstrates exemplary public service.
Reporting to the IT Strategy and Planning Manager, you will apply professional project management principles and methodology to lead project teams in planning, designing and delivering systems solutions for our business partners. You will conduct feasibility assessments and work collaboratively with IT Business Analysts. You will create project charters, develop project plans with associated time and materials budgets, and coordinate resources and subject matter experts where required. You will monitor and control project performance -- initiating corrective action when needed -- to ensure results meet business partner requirements and objectives. Additionally, you will manage stakeholder expectations and project risks. This will include developing and completing all summary documentation, and providing status updates on deliverables, within an established communication framework.
Your professional background should include:
- A commitment to delivering exemplary public service
- Advanced customer relationship skills that are collaborative, responsive and supportive
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in IT, Project Management, or a related discipline -- complemented by a PMP or Business Analyst designation
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing projects in an IT setting
- (other combinations of education and experience may be considered)
- Success in leading project teams in an environment of frequent change and innovation
- The ability to maintain stakeholder engagement and manage expectations
- Advanced analytical and systems-thinking skills, with extensive experience in design, delivery, risk mitigation, and progress assessment
- Current knowledge of best practices in project management and business analysis
- Significant experience conducting:
- feasibility assessments and developing priority criteria
- business requirements documentation
- project scheduling, cost forecasting, and work plan preparation
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Broad technical and systems knowledge
- Success in developing and mentoring project teams
- The ability to successfully manage and adapt to multiple priorities on a daily basis
Wage: $45.34 per hour Hours of Work: 75 hours bi-weekly
The City of Lethbridge also offers an attractive and comprehensive flexible benefits package.
For additional information on this opportunity, please contact:
Cliff Shigemi, IT Strategy & Planning Manager, at (403) 320-3862 or by email at email@example.com
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume with cover letter, online at:
All candidates are thanked in advance for their interest. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
CUPE Local 70