Hiring IT Service Desk Coordinator
The City of Medicine Hat Information Technology department is looking for a highly motivated Service Desk Coordinator to join our team, providing leadership to the service desk team and ensuring excellent customer service for City staff. Reporting to the Manager Technical Services, this position is responsible for the overall coordination of IT resources that promote service quality and excellent customer experience for IT support, by directly leading the Tier 1 support team, engaging in close coordination with Tier 2 Team Coordinators and IT Managers, and utilizing effective ITSM processes and technologies that maintain a high level of customer satisfaction for all City computer users.
As our ideal candidate, you have solid working knowledge of ITSM processes and considerable experience successfully realizing excellent IT customer experience at other mid-size organizations. You have demonstrated your ability to effectively lead a team of dedicated and focused Tier 1 Support Technicians. You have a history of positively influencing other IT teams and leaders to attain excellent customer service quality, even in stressful situations. You have developed analytical and communication skills, and work well under pressure in a fast paced environment. If you are open to new ideas and technologies, enjoy working as part of a broader team to ensure excellent service quality and take pride in achieving effective results, then this opportunity is for you!
You also bring the following qualifications and experience:
- Successful completion of a two (2) year diploma from a recognized post-secondary or technical institution in computer technology or related field;
- Three (3) years' experience in a related IT Senior Support Technician position;
- Two (2) years' experience leading a Tier 1 IT support team and successfully collaborating with other IT support teams to realize excellent customer service;
- Relevant industry certifications considered an asset;
- Extensive working knowledge gained overseeing Tier 1 IT support in a mid-sized organization, effectively utilizing ITSM tools, best practices and efficiency processes;
- Valid Class 5 Alberta driver's license with an acceptable driving record;
- An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
Our organization offers a competitive compensation, extended health and vision benefits, learning & development opportunities as well as a great work environment, which provides excellent opportunities for professional growth.
The City of Medicine Hat strives to achieve its vision to be a "Community of Choice"; a place where people choose to live, work and play. The Medicine Hat advantage:
- Extensive Recreational Facilities
- Flourishing Cultural Community
- Low Utility Rates and Taxes
- Family Oriented Community
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This posting will remain open until Wednesday, July 14, 2021.
For more information, and to apply, please visit us at: www.medicinehat.ca/jobs