Reporting to the CAO, the Legislative Services Officer will provide legislative management support, oversee Lamont County records management, bylaw and policy management, contracts and agreements, and will maintain and enforce Lamont County’s compliance with the Municipal Government Act (MGA) and other statutes and regulations as required.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Provide interpretation, guidance, and advice on legislative requirements regarding provincial statutes, agreements, and bylaws.
- Prepare legislative correspondence, reports, and other related materials as required.
- Maintain Commissioner of Oath declaration for administering oaths, affirmations, and solemn declarations.
- Oversee records management in a SharePoint environment for all official documents including but not limited to, Council minutes, formal contracts and agreements, bylaws, and policies.
- Preparation of all Council meetings; reviewal of RFDs, ensure appropriate content is included and required documentation is compiled, assisting the Executive Assistant with agenda packages.
- Develops monthly action list from Council meetings, following up with the CAO, Directors, and Council to ensure the completion of the tasks.
- Act as the Returning Officer for the Municipal Election, organize and lead the Municipal Census in compliance with the MGA.
- Act as the FOIP Coordinator, respond to FOIP requests appropriately under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The ideal candidate will possess a post secondary education in office administration, political studies, or a related field. A minimum of 5 years experience in municipal government, a strong understanding of parliamentary procedures and of the Municipal Government Act (MGA) is required. This candidate will have exceptional organizational, written, and interpersonal skills as well as Microsoft Office suite proficiency. Possession of a valid Alberta driver’s license, a satisfactory drivers abstract and satisfactory criminal record check is requested.
Lamont County offers competitive rates and a comprehensive benefit package. The Legislative Services Officer is a full-time position with hours of work being Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 4:00 pm, 35 hours a week.
Qualified and interested candidates can email their resumes attention Human Resources at:
The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Lamont County thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Lamont County is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and to promoting the health and well-being of its employees. We are a smoke-free work environment; smoking & vaping is permitted in designated outdoor areas only.