The City of Medicine Hat Fire Service has an exciting in-scope administrative position assisting in the development of platoon member and response team training coupled with overseeing acquisition and maintenance logistics for vehicles, equipment, buildings and uniforms. This key position will also assist the Chief Training Officer for all other departmental training programs.
Building on a foundation in fleet and equipment knowledge, fire prevention and fire suppression, this dual focused position appeals to you if you are looking to share your knowledge, help others improve their skills, and insure the acquisition of required equipment and supplies for the crews on the ground.
Our ideal candidate has strong organizational, planning, communication and public speaking skills. Attention to detail, process driven, familiar with both procurement processes and budgets, and resource coordination and allocation are essential for success in this role.
- Successful completion of Grade 12 or equivalency;
- NFPA 1021 Fire Officer Level 2 (Supported by IFSAC/ProBoard certification);
- NFPA 1041 Fire Service Instructor Level 2 (Supported by IFSAC/ProBoard certification);
- NFPA 1521 Incident Safety Officer (Supported by IFSAC/ProBoard certification);
- Blue Card Incident Command or equivalent such as Incident Command System;
- Valid Alberta Class 3 Q(air) driver’s license or equivalent;
- Ten (10) years progressively responsible full-time fire fighting experience;
- A management approved equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
This position has been identified as Safety Sensitive and requires the completion of a satisfactory pre-employment drug screen.
Only those candidates who include copies of all required certificates and a current driver abstract will be considered. *NOTE: Out of province applicants must provide valid equivalency for Alberta Class 3 Q (air) with their application. Applicants with six or more demerit points against their current driving record will not be processed.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume to Competition #19068A Human Resources Department, City of Medicine Hat, Suite 101, 505 First Street SE, Medicine Hat T1A 0A9; fax (403) 525-8870; e-mail email@example.com.
This posting will remain open until Wednesday, March 27, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.