Based out of the Wastewater Treatment Plant, you “Take care of Banff” through delivery and tactical management of repairs, maintenance and capital projects and programs for over 9,000 residents and a tourist and seasonal population that can exceed 30,000.
Your professional experience includes at least 5 years’ with accountabilities in the following functions (in a municipality would be an asset):
- • implementing and managing a preventative maintenance program
- • preparing and submitting project budgets, designs, plans and specifications and adhering to financial processes:
- • advising, preparing and reviewing contracts with clients, contractors and stakeholders;
- • extensive use of technology to gather, track and report on data, plans, status and projects.
- • training, coaching and overseeing all members of project teams (including OHS and safety program compliance);
People describe you as a team player, a confident decision-maker, a critical and reasoned presenter and you have a gift for creating a good laugh when the moment is right. You have a talent to writing in a professional and comprehensive way that makes technical language understandable to the non-technical.
You have a professional designation, a P.Eng, a CET and/or a technical degree or diploma in project management or a combination of relevant education or work experience. You are proud of your technical competence in project related programs and software solutions. Knowledge of wastewater processes and operations and/or valid Wastewater Treatment certifications (Level III or IV) would be assets. A full position description is available on request.
The Town of Banff offers a variety of traditional and non-traditional benefits and fosters an active and healthy workplace and lifestyle in our stunning location in Canada’s first national park.
“Taking Care of Banff – our People, our Community, our Park.”
This position will remain open until the ideal candidate is selected. If that is you, please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Town of Banff
Banff, AB T1L 1A1
The Town of Banff appreciates interest from all applicants and will directly contact those individuals considered for an interview.